Friday 13 April 2012

Your Name is an oil poured out.

"From you pours out to be poured into me the oil of your name, softening all that is hard in me, soothing all that is rough in me, healing all my infirmities... The echo of your name - whether it be 'Lord' or 'Jesus' or 'Christ' - brings sudden joy and cheerfulness to my ear. For as soon as your name rings in my ear, the mystery of your name shines in my heart."
William of Saint-Thierry

"O Love! I would like to repeat your name ceaselessly."
St Teresa of Avila

"Lord, the object of our desire is to repeat Your name... We have had other masters, but Your name is the only one we repeat."
Isaiah

"Let us utter it often, first as we are capable of doing it! If, for the time being, we can only stammer, at the end we will for all that say it well!"
St Francis de Sales


"The Name of Jesus Christ which we invoke in prayer, contains within it self-existing and self-acting restorative power. So do not worry about the imperfection and dryness of your prayer, but with perseverance await the fruit of the repeated invocation of the Divine Name."
Elder Ephraim of Philotheou and St Anthony's Monasteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment